I woke up this morning to a prompt notifying me an update was available for my Acer Iconia Tab A100. What a great surprise considering I purchased my acer a100 from bensoutlet.com for only 189.99 last week (with free shipping). I am not paid or endorsed in any way by bensoutlet.com. They are just a great business that was started by an army veteren and gadget geek. You can find more out about Ben Federman on the bensoutlet.com blog.
Mobile Web Development is becoming an integral part of internet marketing. Updates like the 4.0.3 ICS update for the Acer Iconia Tab A100 (and A500) improve app performance and usability.
After doing a small preliminary update (some are reporting 17mb, mine was 23) clicking settings, about, and update software will start the update process. Everything I have read has been positive, including my own experience. Acer moved their update from early May to April 27th and actually started launching the update to users the past few days. This is a great move from Acer as many manufacturers like HTC have committed to updating their devices, such as my evo 3D , but have no set date in sight.
So what does the update bring to the 4.0.3 update?
- New camera apps enhancing video stabilization and QVGA resolution
- Optimized performance
- New look for menus and icons
- Better transitions and animations between menus (love the slide animation!)
- Hardware acceleration for the UI
- Improved camera app with zero shutter lag, time lapse settings, panorama mode, and the ability to zoom while recording
- Improved copy and paste functionality
- Separation of widgets in a new tab, listed in a similar manner to apps
Wikipedia has a great article documenting all of the changes to the android operating system (all the way back to 2006). Check out Wikipedia’s Android Version history article for more info.
What is your experience with the new A100 update?
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.